Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Baker's Post Christmas Advent 12

 

I used self-rising flour to make the bread. Dumb. That stuff has baking powder in it. It starts working as soon as it gets wet. Then it stops. Yeast works differently. Kind of like our God. We can’t have any ole leavener - we have to have the real thing: Jesus. 


But - here I had all this dough. I couldn’t bear to waste it. Momma says she’d eat a cow pattie if it was fried and had cheese and onions. Frying things really is quite a redeemer. Frying and cheese just might save that dough. I rolled them out like cinnamon rolls, stuffing it with cream cheese, cheese, and spices. I cut them up and fried those suckers. And topped them with some more cheese. A quick garnish with cilantro and some everything bagel seasoning - the bread was saved. I named them after my cousin. Tommy Tubbies. I think that’s the thing I love best about having a savior - a Redeemer. I’m so glad I don’t have to remain a useless mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment