Sunday, December 26, 2021

The Baker's Post Christmas Advent: 1:

 Because, you know...I was baking. 

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil.

My cup overflows with blessings. Psalm 23:5. 


In the picture is the magic sauce we use to make the sourdough bread.

Today, the kitchen is warm while the jalapeno loaves are baking.

I looked over at the start and saw the foam bubbling up and over the lid.

Immediately, I thought of the verse about my cup runneth over.

But I had forgotten that it was part of Psalm 23 - The Lord is my Shepherd.

We bake with joy to prepare a feast for you.

But all of the porch presents are part of God’s providence to be the Shepherd for the people of Ukraine

who indeed are walking through the valley of the shadow of death. My cup runneth over with the joy of

serving The Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment